What Does the roofing process look like?
Each job comes with different obstacles and may require slightly different steps
- Inspection and measurement of roof
- Acceptance of estimate and scheduling of job
- Crew will arrive and foreman will introduce himself and discuss any concerns
- Crew will remove any potentially breakable items or will install diverters and covers to make sure nothing gets broken
- Tear off is the first stage of the process. Depending on the weather forecast the crew will tear off sections or the entire roof.
- The old roof will be disposed of into a dumpster or trailer. This is usually placed as close to the roof as possible to reduce ground cleanup
- The roof deck will be inspected and any rotten or broken decking will be replaced
- **Installation of plywood over deck**(If necessary)
- Underlay will be installed on the entire roof to provide a completely watertight covering.
- Roofing will start.
- Venting usually occurs at the end of the roof installation. We always install enough vents or ridge vent to bring venting to or above code
- Capping is the last stage in the roof
- Caulking and covering exposed nails in the final cap piece as well as behind any metal flashings to prevent wind driven rain.
- Foreman inspection
- Owner/Production manager final inspection
- Invoicing and payment