There are two different roof warranties that are provided for each roof. Manufacture Warranties provided by the roofing manufacturer and Workmanship Warranties offered by the contractor
- Manufacturer warranties cover manufacture defects only!
- Lifetime Warranties?
- Most asphalt roofing manufactures are offering limited lifetime warranties. Let us explain.
- 10-15yr full warranty covering materials and labour
- After initial warranty the number is prorated to 30yrs with a small sum given for warranty claims after 30yrs
- 95% of warranty claims are out of bundle, meaning that the shingles are found defective before they are installed on the roof
- Almost all other warranties are given within the first 5 yrs
- Workmanship warranties usually range from 2yrs to 10yrs
- Workmanship warranties cover any issues resulting from improper installation of shingles
- Workmanship warranties do not cover storm damage or manufacture defects in shingles. This falls under either home insurance or manufacture warranties
- Usually around 40 year warranty
- Colour only warranties.
- Color warranties are given based on a sliding scale of color fading
- if your roof fades faster than the acceptable amount you can make a warranty claim
- Metal shakes such as Ironwood are NOT WARRANTIED within 3km of the ocean due to salt spray in the air
- Workmanship warranties are usually 10yrs
- Workmanship warranties cover any issues resulting from improper installation of metal roof
- Workmanship warranties do not cover storm damage or manufacture defects in shingles. This falls under either home insurance or manufacturer warranties