"Are these shingles moss resistant?"
This is the most common question we get asked about asphalt shingles that we install.
1. All asphalt shingles sold on Vancouver Island are AR meaning Algae Resistant
- Algae appears on a roof as black streaking
- Copper granules are used to make shingles Algae Resistant
2. No manufacturer currently offers moss resistant shingles
"Can you install Zinc/copper strips?"
We generally would advise against installing zinc strips. There are 2 main reasons
1. Zinc strip installation compromises your roof because of exposed nails
2. Zinc strips are only effective for about 2 ft below the strip and lose their effectiveness in a couple of years